High Pressure Fuel Regulator for the Series 60G Engine
The Conoflow high pressure fuel regulator is typically mounted in the engine compartment of the vehicle. The function of the regulator is to supply fuel flow based on engine demand at a reduced pressure. The regulator reduced the pressure from the tank pressure, which can be as high as 24820 kPa (3600 psi), to approximately 758 kPa (110 psi). The regulator is heated with coolant supplied from the cylinder head and returned to the water pump inlet. The regulator includes a pressure relief device to protect downstream components. The pressure relief valve is set to open at approximately 2070 kPa (300 psi). The pressure relief is connected to the vehicle gas vent system. The gas inlet connection to the regulator is a female SAE No. 6 O-ring connection. The gas outlet is a female SAE No. 8 O-ring connection. The pressure relief is a male 1/4 NTPF connection. Coolant supply and return connections are 1/4 inch NPTF female pipe thread holes. See Figure "High Pressure Fuel Regulator for Series 60G Engines" .
Figure 1. High Pressure Fuel Regulator for Series 60G Engines
Replacement of the High Pressure Regulator for the Series 60G Engine
The high pressure fuel regulator is not serviceable and should be replaced as a unit. No adjustment is required.
Removal of the High Pressure Regulator for the Series 60G Engine
Remove the high pressure fuel regulator as follows:
- Vent fuel system, refer to "2.51 Venting and Leak Checking Procedures for Natural Gas Engine (Low Pressure System)" .
- Disconnect fuel supply pipe at regulator inlet.
- Disconnect fuel pipe from regulator outlet.
- Drain coolant.
- Disconnect coolant supply and return hoses at regulator.
- Disconnect vent pipe at regulator.
- Remove two M8 bolts attaching the regulator to its mounting bracket.
- Remove regulator from bracket and remove fittings for reuse.
Installation of the High Pressure Regulator for the Series 60G Engine
Install the high pressure fuel regulator as follows:
- Install gas inlet and outlet O-ring fittings.
- Position regulator on mounting bracket.
- Install two M8 mounting bolts.
- Connect fuel outlet pipe.
- Connect fuel supply pipe.
- Connect coolant supply and return hoses.
- Refill with coolant.
- Connect vent pipe.
- Open fuel shutoff valves and crank engine to supply fuel to regulator.
- Check for leaks, refer to "2.50 Fuel Mixer for the Series 60G Low Pressure System" .
|Series 60 Service Manual - 6SE483|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|