The following should be performed for NORMAL stopping:
- Release the load and decrease the engine speed in the NEUTRAL position.
- Allow the engine to run at idle with no-load for a few minutes, then turn the key switch to the OFF position.
The following should be performed after a NORMAL stop:
- Fill fuel tank. A full tank will minimize condensation.
- Check coolant level after the engine has cooled down. Add coolant to bring it to the proper level.
- Check the oil level in the crankcase. Add oil to bring it to the proper level on the dipstick.
- Check and, if necessary, add sufficient fluid to bring it to the proper level. Follow manufacturer's recommendations for proper levels.
- Make a visual check for external leaks in the fuel, lubricating and cooling systems.
To stop the engine, turn the key to the OFF position.
|Series 638 Service Manual - 6SE648|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|