Troubleshooting Flash Code 29, PID 351/FMI 4
Flash Code 29 p 351/4 indicates the signal voltage for the Turbo Compressor In Temperature Sensor went below calibration limits.
Check the Turbo Compressor In Temperature Sensor Connector
Perform the following steps to check the Turbo Compressor In Temperature Sensor connector.
- Unplug the connector at the Turbo Compressor In Temperature Sensor.
- Measure resistance between cavity 1 and cavity 2. See Figure
"TCI Connector and Turbo Compressor In Temperature Sensor"
Figure 1. TCI Connector and Turbo Compressor In Temperature Sensor
Check for Open
Perform the following steps to check for short:
- Unplug the vehicle harness.
- Measure resistance between cavity V-27 and V-11. See Figure
"ECM/ECU VIH Connector "
Figure 2. ECM/ECU VIH Connector
- If resistance is less than 1.0 K Ω, wire V-27 is shorted to V-11. Repair and test.
- If resistance is greater than 1.1 K Ω, go to step 3 .
- Check for corrosion at the 2–pin and 68–pin connector.
Perform the following steps to verify repairs.
- Turn ignition OFF. Reconnect all connectors.
- Turn ignition ON. Clear codes.
- Start and run the engine for eight minutes. Stop engine.
- Read inactive codes.
- If no codes are displayed, troubleshooting is complete.
- If code p 351/4 is logged with any other codes, review this section from the first step to find the error.
- If code p p 351/4 is not logged, but other codes are logged, refer to "18.3 First Step for Diagnosing a Fault Within the DDEC System" .
|Series 60 DDEC V Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE570|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|