Troubleshooting Flash Code 29, PID 404/FMI 4
The SAE J1587 equivalent code for Flash Code 29 is p 404/4, turbo compressor outlet (TCO) low voltage. Flash Code 29 p 404/4 indicates the signal voltage for the Turbo Compressor Outlet Temperature Sensor went below calibration limits.
See Figure "TCO Connector and Turbo Compressor Temperature Out Sensor" for the TCO Connector and sensor.
Figure 1. TCO Connector and Turbo Compressor Temperature Out Sensor
Check for Short
Perform the following steps to check the Turbo Compressor Temperature Out Sensor connector.
- Unplug Turbo Compressor Temperature Out Sensor connector.
- Measure resistance between cavity 1 and cavity 2 of connector.
Check for Failed Resistor
Perform the following steps to check for failed resistor:
- Unplug the Engine Harness. Measure resistance between cavity E-22 and E-14. See Figure
"Turbo Compressor Outlet Temperature Sensor Circuit"
Figure 2. Turbo Compressor Outlet Temperature Sensor Circuit
- Check for corrosion at the 2–pin and 68–pin connector.
Perform the following steps to verify repairs.
- Turn ignition OFF. Reconnect all connectors. Turn ignition ON.
- Clear codes, start and run the engine for eight minutes. Stop the engine.
- Read the inactive codes.
- If no codes are displayed, troubleshooting is complete.
- If code p 404/4 is logged with any other codes, review this section from the first step to find the error.
- If code p 404/4 is not logged, but other codes are logged, refer to "18.3 First Step for Diagnosing a Fault Within the DDEC System" .
|Series 60 DDEC V Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE570|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|