Troubleshooting Flash Code 39, SID 147/FMI 12
Engines built from February 2004 (S/N: 06R0761470) through the end of July 2004 (S/N:06R0788688) may have a defective Barometric Pressure Sensor.
A faulty Barometric Pressure Sensor can cause this fault (SID 147/FMI 12). Refer to "43.2.1 Check Barometric Pressure Sensor" first to check the sensor.
Check Barometric Pressure Sensor
Check for a faulty Barometric Pressure Sensor as follows:
- Turn the ignition ON but leave the engine OFF.
- Using Detroit Diesel Diagnostic Link (DDDL) or a Diagnostic Data Reader (DDR) compare Barometric Pressure to Air Inlet Pressure.
- If the pressure differential is 4.1 kPa (0.6 psi) the sensor is not faulty and has not caused the code. Refer to "43.3.1 EGR Related Codes" .
- If the differential is greater than 4.1 kPa (0.6 psi), replace the Barometric Pressure Sensor and check for codes. If there are no codes your troubleshooting is complete. If there are still codes, refer to "43.3.1 EGR Related Codes" .
- If the pressure differential is less than 4.1 kPa (0.6 psi), contact the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313-592-5800).
|Series 60 DDEC V Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE570|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|