Troubleshooting Flash Code 81, PID 411/FMI 3
For all EGR related codes, always perform the “Exhaust Gas Recirculation System Basic Checks.” Refer to "20.18 Exhaust Gas Recirculation System Basic Checks for Series 60 Engines" .
Check for Open
Perform the following steps to check for an open.
- Unplug the Engine Harness connector and unplug the EGR Delta-Pressure Sensor.
- Install a jumper wire between cavities E-15 and E-38 at the engine sensor connector. See Figure
"EGR Delta-Pressure Sensor Wiring"
Figure 1. EGR Delta-Pressure Sensor Wiring
- Measure resistance between cavity 2 and 3. See Figure "EGR Delta-Pressure Sensor Wiring" .
Check for Short
Perform the following steps to check for short:
- Remove the jumper wire.
- Measure resistance between E-12 and E-38. See Figure "EGR Delta-Pressure Sensor Wiring" .
Perform the following steps to verify repairs.
- Connect all connectors and start and run the engine.
- Road test the engine.
- If code 81 was not logged, no further troubleshooting is required.
- If code 81 was logged, review this section from the first step to find the error. Refer to "73.2.1 Check for Open" . If this is the second time through the procedure, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800) or try a test ECM/ECU.
|Series 60 DDEC V Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE570|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|