Troubleshooting Flash Code 81, PID 412/FMI 3
For all EGR related codes, always perform the “Exhaust Gas Recirculation System Basic Checks.” Refer to "20.18 Exhaust Gas Recirculation System Basic Checks for Series 60 Engines" .
Check for Open
Perform the following steps to check for an open.
- Disconnect the EGR Temperature Sensor.
- Install a jumper wire between cavities 1 and 2. See Figure "EGR Temperature Sensor Wiring" .
- Disconnect the Engine Harness connector.
- Measure resistance between E-10 and E-15. See Figure "EGR Temperature Sensor Wiring" .
Check for Short
Perform the following steps to check for short:
- Remove jumper wire.
- Measure resistance between the engine block and E-10. See Figure
"EGR Temperature Sensor Wiring"
- If the resistance measurement is less than 1.5 k Ω, circuit E-10 is shorted. Repair and verify. Refer to "220.127.116.11 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance measurement is greater than 1.5 k Ω, replace the EGR temperature sensor.
Perform the following steps to verify repairs.
- Connect all connectors.
- Start and run the engine.
- Road test the engine.
- If code 81 was not logged, no further troubleshooting is required.
- If code 81 was logged, please review this section from the first step to find the error. Refer to "73.2.1 Check for Open" . If this is the second time through the procedure, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800) or try a test ECM/ECU.
|Series 60 DDEC V Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE570|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|