Corroded or Damaged Battery Terminals
Corroded or damaged terminals may cause starting difficulties.
Corroded or Damaged Battery Terminal Repair
To determine if corroded or damaged terminals is causing starting difficulty:
- Visually inspect terminals for corrosion or damage.
- Repair or replace any corroded or damaged terminals; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Verify repair of corroded or damaged terminals; refer to "18.104.22.168 Test with Repaired Battery Terminals" .
Test with Repaired Battery Terminals
Perform the following steps to determine if the repair resolved starting difficulty:
- Attempt to start and run the engine.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine fails to start and run, check the magnetic switch; refer to "4.4 Defective Magnetic Switch" .
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|