Defective Magnetic Switch
To determine if a defective magnetic switch is causing no start:
- Start engine.
- Clamp a heavy gage battery jumper cable between the two large studs of the magnetic switch (1); see Figure
"Basic Cranking Circuit"
Figure 1. Basic Cranking Circuit
- Replace the magnetic switch. Refer to OEM guidelines.
- Verify magnetic switch replacement; refer to "5.2.1 Test Engine with New Magnetic Switch" .
Test Engine with New Magnetic Switch
Refer to "5.2 Defective Magnetic Switch" for exhaust caution before proceeding. To determine if the magnetic switch replacement resolved the no start condition, attempt to start and run the engine.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine fails to start or run, check the starter; refer to "5.3 Defective Starter"
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|