Faulty Fuel Injector
To determine if a faulty fuel injector is causing excessive white smoke, perform the following:
- Check for faulty fuel injector.
- Check for faulty fuel injector repair.
- Verify fuel injector repair; refer to "10.6.1 Test the Engine with Repaired Fuel Injector" .
Test the Engine with Repaired Fuel Injector
Perform the following to determine if the fuel injector repair resolved excessive white smoke:
- Start and run the engine.
- Run the engine at idle with a no-load for approximately 5 minutes, allowing the engine coolant to reach normal operating range.
- Visually inspect exhaust for excessive white smoke.
- If the engine exhaust emission appears normal, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine exhaust emission is excessively white, shut down the engine. Call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800).
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|