SPN 91/FMI 2
A typical diagnosis for the fault is erratic data.
Erratic Data Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the Accelerator Pedal (AP).
- Turn ON the ignition (key ON, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between pins B and C of the AP harness connector. See Figure
"Accelerator Pedal Assembly Installation"
Figure 1. Accelerator Pedal Assembly Installation
- Measure the voltage between pin C of the AP harness connector and ground.
- If the voltage is between 4.5 and 5.5 volts, repair the open circuit between pin B of the AP harness connector and pin 4 of the CPC #1 connector. Refer to "22.214.171.124 Verify Repairs" .
- If the voltage is less than 4.5, repair the open circuit between pin C of the AP harness connector and pin 8 of the CPC #1 connector.Refer to "126.96.36.199 Verify Repairs" .
- Turn OFF the ignition.
- Disconnect the CPC #1 connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin A of the AP harness connector and pin 7 of the CPC #1 connector.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|