SPN 110/FMI 0
The diagnostic condition is typically engine coolant temperature high.
System Checks to Resolve Fault
Check as follows:
- Check for multiple codes.
- If fault 110/3 is active in addition to 110/0, refer to "29.2.1 Open Circuit/Short to Power Check" .
- If fault 110/4 is active in addition to 110/0, refer to "29.3.1 Short to Ground Check" .
- If fault 111/1 is active in addition to 110/0, refer to "30.1 SPN 111/FMI 1" .
- If only fault code 110/0 is active, go to step 2 .
- Check for coolant loss.
- Check for blockage in radiator and charge air cooler.
- Check fan belt condition (slippage).
- Check for proper location of fan shroud.
- Check for proper radiator hose condition (no collapsed hoses).
- Check for proper viscous fan operation.
- Once checks and repairs are finished, refer to "126.96.36.199 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|