SPN 168/FMI 0
This diagnosis is typically battery voltage high.
Measure Battery Voltage
Check as follows:
- Measure battery voltage with the engine running at maximum rpm.
- If greater than 16 volts, check for proper alternator operation and repair or replace, as required. Refer to "126.96.36.199 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|