SPN 175/FMI 4
This diagnosis is typically oil temperature circuit failed low`.
Short to Ground Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the EOT Sensor.
- Disconnect the 120–pin connector at the MCM.
- Measure the resistance across pins 1 and 2 of the EOT Sensor harness connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 2 of the EOT Sensor harness connector and ground.
- If resistance is greater than 5 Ω, repeat steps 3 through 4 . If the results are the same, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800).
- If resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair the short circuit between pin 2 of the EOT Sensor harness connector and ground. Refer to "22.214.171.124 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|