SPN 599/FMI 4
This diagnosis is typically both Cruise Control switches, SET and RES, are shorted to ground.
Short to Ground Check
Check as follows:
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF) and place the Cruise Control Switch in the OFF position. DO NOT start the engine.
- Check the driver console display.
- Unplug the RES Cruise Control Switch.
- Unplug the SET Cruise Control Switch.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|