SPN 641/FMI 8
This code typically means the Smart Remote Actuator 5 has an internal test running.
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the turbo actuator.
- Disconnect the MCM 120–pin connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 3 of the turbo actuator harness connector and pin 74 of the MCM 120–pin connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 4 of the turbo actuator harness connector and pin 75 of the MCM 120–pin connector.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|