SPN 1072/FMI 4
This fault code indicates that the Jake Brake Stage 1 circuit failed low.
Short to Ground Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the front injector valve cover harness.
- Measure resistance between pins 7 and ground on the front injector valve cover harness connector. If you are using J-48671–10 , measure either rear Jake pin and ground.
- Remove the upper valve cover.
- Disconnect the rear Jake Brake harness.
- Measure resistance between either terminal on the Jake Brake solenoid and ground.
- If the resistance is less than 5 ohms, replace the Jake Brake solenoid. Refer to "220.127.116.11 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance is greater than 5 Ω, repair the short to ground between pins 7 and 8 of the front injector valve cover harness and the Jake Brake solenoid. Refer to "18.104.22.168 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|