SPN 1073/FMI 5
This fault code indicates that the Jake Brake Stage 2 circuit failed open.
Open Circuit Check
Check as follows:
- Check for multiple codes.
- If SPN 1073/5 and SPN 2791/5 are active repair the open between the pin 62 of the 120–pin MCM connector and the front Jake Brake and fan control solenoids.
- If only SPN 1073/5 is active, go to step 2 .
- Disconnect the front injector valve cover harness.
- Measure the resistance between pins 11 and 12 on the front injector valve cover harness connector. If you are using J-48671–10 , measure across the front Jake pins.
- Remove the upper valve cover.
- Measure the resistance across the front Jake Brake solenoid.
- If the resistance is greater than 15 Ω, replace the Jake Brake solenoid. Refer to "18.104.22.168 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance is less than 15 Ω, repair the open between pins 11 and 12 of the front injector valve cover harness connector and the Jake Brake solenoid. Refer to "22.214.171.124 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|