SPN 1636/FMI 20
This diagnosis is typically intake manifold temperature drift (low box).
Intake Manifold Sensor Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the Intake Manifold Temperature Sensor.
- Inspect the Intake Manifold Temperature Sensor connector for bent, spread or corroded pins.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|