SPN 3563/FMI 3
The typical diagnosis for this fault is an Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor short circuit.
Short Circuit Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor (IMP Sensor).
- Disconnect the 120–pin MCM connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 2 and 3 of the IMP Sensor connector. See Figure
"Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor"
- If the resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair the short between pins 87 and 102 of the 120–pin MCM connector.Refer to "184.108.40.206 Verify Repairs"
Figure 1. Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor
- If the resistance is greater than 5 Ω, repair the short to power on pin 87 of the 120–pin MCM connector. Refer to "220.127.116.11 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair the short between pins 87 and 102 of the 120–pin MCM connector.Refer to "18.104.22.168 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|