SPN 3588/FMI 3
SPN 3588/FMI 3 is typically a short to power.
Short to Power Check
Check as follows:
- Turn the ignition OFF.
- Disconnect the Ether Start connector.
- Turn the ignition ON (key On, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between pin C of the Ether Start connector and ground.
- Review steps 1 through 4 . If the results are the same, contact the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800).
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|