SPN 723/FMI 8
A typical diagnosis is time out.
Time Out Check
Perform the following steps to troubleshoot a time out.
- Start and run the engine.
- Check for active fault codes.
- Shutdown the engine.
- Ensure that the sensor is correctly positioned and check for active codes.
Camshaft Position Sensor Check
Perform the following steps to check the sensor.
- Remove the Camshaft Position Sensor and ensure that the sensor bores are not damaged. If damaged is present, repair as necessary. Refer to "184.108.40.206 Verify Repairs" .
- Check the Camshaft Position Sensor for proper axial play. Repair as necessary if the axial play is incorrect. Refer to "220.127.116.11 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|