Aerated Fuel Oil
To determine if aerated fuel is causing rough running or stalling, perform the following steps:
- Test for aerated fuel; refer to "23.3 Aerated Fuel" .
- Aerated fuel resolution; refer to "23.3.1 Aerated Fuel Resolution" .
- Verify aerated fuel resolution; refer to "24.2.1 Test Engine with Aerated Fuel Resolution" .
Test Engine with Aerated Fuel Resolution
Perform the following to determine if the aerated fuel resolution resolved rough running or stalling condition:
- Start and run the engine.
- Run the engine through its operating range with no-load for approximately 5 minutes, allowing the engine coolant to reach normal operating range, 88-96°C (190-210°F).
- If the engine is not running rough or stalling, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut the engine down.
- If the engine is running rough or stalling, shut the engine down. Check for insufficient fuel oil flow; refer to "24.3 Insufficient Fuel Oil Flow" .
|Series 50 Service Manual - 6SE50|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|