Charge air cooling is standard equipment on all MBE 900 engines.
Intake Manifold Removal
Remove the intake manifold as follows:
To avoid injury before starting and running the engine, ensure the vehicle is parked on a level surface, parking brake is set, and the wheels are blocked.
- Apply the parking brakes, shut down the engine, and chock the tires. Raise the hood. See Figure
"Intake Manifold Removal"
1. Wiring Harness Connector
4. Intake Manifold Inlet Pipe
2. Sensor Cover
5. Intake Manifold Gasket
3. Intake Manifold
6. Pipe Clamp
Figure 1. Intake Manifold Removal
- Remove the cylinder head cover. Refer to "1.1.1 Cylinder Head Cover Removal" .
- Remove the pipe clamp. Then, remove the intake manifold inlet pipe and O-ring from the intake manifold.
- Remove the sensor cover from the intake manifold.
- Disconnect the electrical wiring harness connector.
- Remove the intake manifold mounting bolts, then remove the intake manifold from the cylinder head.
Intake Manifold Installation
Install the intake manifold as follows:
- Clean all mating surfaces, then place new manifold gaskets on the head.
- Install the manifold on the cylinder head. Tighten the mounting bolts 25 N·m (18 lb·ft), starting with the center bolt and then working outward to the end bolts.
- Connect the electrical connector and install the cover on the sensor.
- Install the intake manifold inlet pipe and O-ring on the intake manifold. Securely tighten the pipe clamp.
- Install the cylinder head cover. Refer to "1.1.2 Cylinder Head Cover Installation" .
- Remove the chocks from the tires.
|MBE 900 Service Manual - 6SE414|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|