The igniter module creates a ground path for the ignition coil primary circuit and limits the current to 7.5 amps. A 12-volt power source is supplied to the igniter module along with the command signals from the ECM.
Removal of Igniter Module
Remove the igniter module as follows:
- Disconnect the ignitor coil harness from the igniter module.
- Unscrew the two M6 x 1.0 attachment bolts.
- Inspect the igniter. Refer to "184.108.40.206 Inspection of Igniter Module" .
Inspection of Igniter Module
Inspect the igniter module as follows:
- Visually check the back surface of the igniter module, igniter module bracket, and connectors for dirt and debris.
To avoid injury from flying debris when using compressed air, wear adequate eye protection (face shield or safety goggles) and do not exceed 276 kPa (40 psi) air pressure.
Installation of Igniter Module
Install the igniter module as follows:
- Install the two M6 x 1.0 mounting screws. Torque to 13 - 16 N·m (10-12 lb·ft).
- Press the connectors into the igniter module.
|Series 60 Service Manual - 6SE483|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|