Extended Crank Time
Complete all other inspections (i.e. battery checks) prior to completing the tasks below.
- Use DDDL7.0 (latest version) to check for stored or active codes and repair if necessary.
- Check fuel level and correct if necessary.
- Did symptom appear after the fuel system was repaired or filter maintenance was performed?
- If YES, condition may be due to air in the fuel system. Refer to “Fuel System Priming” section.
- If NO, go to next step.
- Perform the Rail Pressure Bleed Off (RPBO) test. Refer to "16.9.1 RPBO Test Using DDDL"
, “RPBO Test using DDDL.”
- Check for internal or external fuel leaks. Refer to "16.4 External and Internal Low Pressure Fuel Leaks"
, “External and Internal Low Pressure Fuel Leaks.”
- Measure the low pressure fuel system pressures. Refer to "16.5 Monitoring Low Fuel System Pressure"
, “Monitoring Low Fuel Pressure.”
- Inspect condition of Crankcase Position (CKP) Sensor using DDDL 7.0 or later. Is the sensor damaged or is there a loose connection?
- If yes, replace sensor or repair connection.
- If no, go to the next step.
- Remove coalescer and final filters and check for restricted air vents at the top of the filters or damage to the lower seals on each filter. Replace if needed.