Inoperative Thermo-Modulated Fan
Check as follows:
- Test the thermo-modulated fan; refer to OEM guidelines.
- If the thermo-modulated fan is functioning correctly, check thermostats; refer to "11.7 Faulty Thermostat" .
- If the thermo-modulated fan is not functioning correctly, replace inoperative thermo-modulated fan; refer to OEM guidelines.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and run the engine.
- Run the engine through its operating range with no-load for approximately 5 minutes, allowing the engine coolant to reach normal operating range.
- If the engine coolant temperature is 85-95°C (185-203°F), no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine coolant temperature is above 85-95°C (185-203°F), shut down the engine. Check thermostats; refer to "11.7 Faulty Thermostat" .
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|