Fuel Injector Wiring Harness
The 14–pin fuel injector harness is the interface between the injectors and the 120–pin MCM connector.
Removal of Fuel Injector Wiring Harness
Remove as follows:
- Disconnect batteries.
- Remove rocker cover.
- Disconnect electrical contacts at the injectors.
- Disconnect two wiring terminals going to the appropriate Jake® brake solenoid.
- Disconnect 14-pin injector harness connector.
- Remove spring clip holding the appropriate injector harness connector to camshaft frame.
- Remove appropriate injector wiring harness.
Installation of Fuel Injector Wiring Harness
Install as follows:
- Install appropriate injector harness and tighten the allen head mounting screws to 10 Nm (7 ft/lb).
- Install electrical contacts to injector and tighten to 1.5 Nm (1 ft/lb).
- Connect appropriate Jake® brake solenoid terminals and torque to 1.5 Nm (1 ft/lb).
- Install spring clip holding injector harness connector to camshaft frame.
- Connect 14-pin injector harness connector.
- Install rocker cover and torque bolts in a cross pattern to 20 Nm (15 ft/lb).
- Connect batteries.
|DD15 Fuel System Technician's Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0037|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|