The following items must be read and thoroughly understood before using this manual.
- The engine and ignition should always be off before the harness connectors are disconnected or reconnected.
- When disconnecting harness connectors, ensure the pulling force is applied to the connectors themselves and not the wires extending from them.
To avoid damage to the harness connectors, ensure the pulling force is applied to the connections themselves and not the wires extending from them.
- After harness connectors are reconnected to the DDEC system, the codes logged should be ignored and cleared.
- In most all areas of repair/troubleshooting, a DDR will be required.
- In diagnosing an intermittent problem, wiggling wires or harnesses may allow the fault to be repeated. This may allow a technician to better isolate the problem area.
|DDEC III/IV Single ECM Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE497|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|