Worn or Damaged Valve(S) or Cylinder Kit(S) Repair
Perform the following steps to repair worn or damaged valve(s) and cylinder kit(s):
- Remove the cylinder head, refer to MBE 4000 Service Manual (6SE420), Chapter 1, “Engine”.
- Inspect the cylinder head for worn or damaged valves, refer to MBE 4000 Service Manual (6SE420), Chapter 1, “Engine - Valves”.
- Inspect the cylinder kit components for worn or damaged liners; pistons or piston rings, refer to MBE 4000 Service Manual (6SE420), Chapter 1, “Engine”.
- Replace damaged cylinder kit components.
- Verify repairs made to cylinder head valve(s) or cylinder kit components; refer to "7.7.1 Test Engine with Repaired Cylinder Head Valve(s), and Cylinder Kit" .
Test Engine with Repaired Cylinder Head Valve(s), and Cylinder Kit
To determine if the cylinder head valve and cylinder kit repair resolved starting difficulty, perform the following steps:
To avoid injury before starting and running the engine, ensure the vehicle is parked on a level surface, parking brake is set, and the wheels are blocked.
- Attempt to start and run the engine, if the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting in required.
- If the engine fails to start and run, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313-592-5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|