Empty Fuel Tank
To determine if an empty fuel tank is causing starting difficulty, check the amount of fuel in fuel tank; refer to OEM guidelines.
- If fuel is at recommended level, check for a weak battery; refer to "5.3 Low Battery Voltage" .
- If fuel is below recommended level, refer to "5.2.1 Low Fuel Level Resolution" .
Low Fuel Level Resolution
Perform the following steps in order to resolve low fuel level:
- Fill fuel tank to full; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Verify fuel tank refill; refer to "184.108.40.206 Test Engine with Filled Tank" .
Test Engine with Filled Tank
To determine if a filled fuel tank resolved starting difficulty, perform the following steps:
To avoid injury before starting and running the engine, ensure the vehicle is parked on a level surface, parking brake is set, and the wheels are blocked.
- Attempt to start and run the engine, if the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine fails to start and run, check the battery; refer to "5.3 Low Battery Voltage" .
|EPA07 MBE 900 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE580|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|