Defective Oil Pump Assembly
To determine if a defective oil pump is causing low oil pressure, perform the following steps:
- Remove the oil pump assembly; refer to MBE 900 Service Manual (6SE9007), lubrication system chapter.
- Manually rotate the oil pump drive gear.
- If the drive gear rotates freely in the pump housing, call Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313-592-5800.
- If the drive gear does not rotate freely, replace the oil pump assembly and verify repair; refer to "15.11.1 Test Engine with Replaced Oil Pump Assembly" .
Test Engine with Replaced Oil Pump Assembly
Perform the following steps to determine if oil pump replacement resolved low oil pressure:
To avoid injury before starting and running the engine, ensure the vehicle is parked on a level surface, parking brake is set, and the wheels are blocked.
- Start and run the engine speed at rated speed.
- Visually examine the oil pressure reading.
- If the oil pressure at rated speed is 241 kPa (35 psi) or more, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the oil pressure at rated speed is less than 241 kPa (35 psi), shut down the engine and call Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313-592-5800.
|EPA07 MBE 900 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE580|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|