To determine if aerated fuel is causing lack of power, perform the following steps:
- Test for aerated fuel; refer to "23.3 Aerated Fuel" .
- Visually check to see if air bubbles are rising to the surface of the fuel within the container.
Aerated Fuel Resolution
Perform the following to resolve aerated fuel:
- Perform aerated fuel repair; refer to "23.3.1 Aerated Fuel Resolution" .
- Verify aerated fuel resolution; refer to "184.108.40.206 Test the Engine with Aerated Fuel Resolution" .
Test the Engine with Aerated Fuel Resolution
Perform the following to determine if aerated fuel resolution resolved lack of power condition:
- Start and run the engine.
- Run the engine at idle with a no-load for approximately 5 minutes, allowing the engine coolant to reach normal operating range.
- Test drive the vehicle to ensure lack of power has been resolved.
- If no lack of power occurred during the test drive, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut the engine down.
- If lack of power occurred during the test drive, shut the engine down. Check for high fuel pressure; refer to "25.2 High Fuel Pressure" .
|Series 50 Service Manual - 6SE50|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|