Empty Fuel Tank
Check as follows:
- Check OEM guidelines to determine the amount of fuel in fuel tank.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- If fuel is at recommended level, go to step 2 .
- Fill fuel tank to full. Refer to OEM specifications.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- Measure and record the voltage at the battery terminals; refer to OEM guidelines.
- If the voltage recorded is at recommended OEM specifications and the engine failed to start, check the magnetic switch. Refer to "6.2 Defective Magnetic Switch" .
- If the voltage recorded is below OEM specifications and the engine failed to start, load test the batteries. Refer to OEM guidelines. If a battery fails the load test, replace the battery.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|