SPN 91/FMI 4
The typical diagnosis for this fault is voltage low.
Low Voltage Check
Perform the following steps to troubleshoot low voltage.
- Disconnect the Accelerator Pedal (AP) connector.
- Disconnect the CPC #1 connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 1 and pin 3 of the AP connector.
- If the resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair the short between wires 8 and 4 of the CPC #1 connector. See Figure "Accelerator Pedal Assembly Installation" . Refer to "220.127.116.11 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance is greater than 5 Ω, go to step 4 .
Figure 1. Accelerator Pedal Assembly Installation
- Measure the resistance between pin 2 and 3 of the AP connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 1 of the AP connector and ground.
- Measure the resistance between pin 2 of the AP connector and ground.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 900 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE580|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|