SPN 158/FMI 0
The diagnostic condition is typically high system voltage.
Battery High Voltage Check
Check as follows:
- Start the engine and rev at rated speed.
- Measure the voltage across the battery terminals. .
- If the voltage is greater than 16 V, troubleshoot the charging system for an overvoltage condition. Refer to the OEM Vehicle Manual.
- If the voltage is between 16 and 11.0 V and fault code 158/0 is still active, replace the MCM. Refer to "184.108.40.206 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 900 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE580|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|