SPN 4228/FMI 16
This fault typically arises from operating under extreme load and high ambient temperatures and/or high altitude operation.
Temperature Warning Check
Check as follows:
- Check for multiple codes:
- Visually inspect the turbo for signs of exhaust leak in the area of the actuator.
- Remove and inspect turbo and actuator cooler lines and fittings.
- If coolant lines or fittings are kinked or plugged, repair/replace the damaged component. Refer to "184.108.40.206 Verify Repairs" .
- If coolant lines are not damaged and problem still persists, contact the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|