SPN 164/FMI 5
The fault condition is typically Rail Pressure Sensor circuit open or a stuck in range sensor.
Check as follows:
- Check for multiple codes
- If additional fault codes are present with 615/14, service the additional fault codes first.
- If only 615/14 is present go to the next step.
- Turn the ignition OFF.
- Disconnect the Rail Pressure Sensor.
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Check for 5 volt supply at pin 3 of the Rail Pressure Sensor.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|