Faulty Air Intake Manifold Gasket
Perform the following steps to troubleshoot a faulty air intake manifold gasket:
- Remove the air intake manifold; refer to MBE 4000 Service Manual (6SE420), Chapter 6, “Air Intake System”.
- Inspect the air intake manifold and gaskets.
- Install the air intake manifold with new gaskets; refer to MBE 4000 Service Manual (6SE420), Chapter 6, “Air Intake System”.
- Verify repair of the intake manifold; refer to "13.7.1 Test the Engine with Replaced Charge Air Cooler or Air Intake Manifold Gasket" .
Test the Engine with Replaced Charge Air Cooler or Air Intake Manifold Gasket
To determine if the repairs resolved the lack of power condition, perform the following steps:
To avoid injury before starting and running the engine, ensure the vehicle is parked on a level surface, parking brake is set, and the wheels are blocked.
- Start and run the engine.
- Test drive the vehicle to ensure lack of power has been resolved.
- If no lack of power occurred during the test drive, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If lack of power occurred during the test drive, shut down the engine. Check the exhaust system; refer to "13.8 Faulty Exhaust System" .
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|