SPN 27/FMI 3
This diagnostic condition is typically the EGR valve position circuit failed high.
EGR Valve Position Circuit Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the EGR valve connector.
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between pin 4 of the EGR connector harness and ground.
- Measure the voltage between pin 3 of the EGR connector harness and ground.
- Turn the ignition OFF.
- Disconnect the MCM 120–pin connector.
- Measure the resistance from pin 3 of the EGR connector harness and pin 67 of the 120–pin MCM connector.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|