SPN 84/FMI 3
This diagnostic condition is typically VSS open circuit.
Open Circuit Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS).
- Measure the resistance between pin 13 of the CPC connector #3 (21–pin) and pin 1 of the VSS.
- Measure the resistance between pin 14 of the CPC connector #3 (21–pin) and pin 2 of the VSS sensor.
- Measure the resistance between pin 13 of the CPC connector #3 (21–pin) and pin 1 of the VSS sensor.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|