SPN 103/FMI 1
This diagnosis is typically turbocharger speed below threshold
Check equipment as follows:
- Disconnect the Turbo Speed Sensor.
- Measure the resistance across pins 1 and 2 of the Turbo Speed Sensor.
- Visually inspect the turbocharger for damage.
- Using Artisan, perform the turbocharger self test.
- Perform the engine oil pressure.
- If the fuel pressure is not within specifications, repair the lubrication system as necessary. When the repairs are done, refer to "22.214.171.124 Verify Repairs" .
- If the oil pressure is within specifications, contact the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800).
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|