SPN 174/FMI 4
SPN 174/FMI 4 indicates a SFT Sensor short to ground.
Short to Ground Check
Perform the following steps to troubleshoot an SFT Sensor short-to-ground fault.
- Disconnect the SFT Sensor.
- Disconnect the 120-pin MCM connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 2 of the SFT Sensor harness connector and ground. See Figure
"Supply Fuel Temperature Sensor"
Figure 1. Supply Fuel Temperature Sensor
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|