SPN 175/FMI 14
This diagnosis is typically engine oil temperature out of range (drifted low/high).
Note: When diagnosing rationality erratic data faults (FMI 14) always refer to SILs or SIBs or any known issues first.
Rationality Check for Temperature Drift
Check as follows:
- Check engine oil level. Add oil if needed and recheck for fault codes. If SPN 175/FMI 14 is still active, go to step 2 .
- Disconnect the Engine Oil Temperature Sensor.
- Inspect the Engine Oil Temperature Sensor for bent, spread or corroded pins. If pin damage is found, repair as necessary or replace the sensor. Refer to "126.96.36.199 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|