SPN 558/FMI 3
This diagnostic condition is typically an open circuit.
Open Circuit Check
Check for open as follows:
- Disconnect the Idle Validation Switch.
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between the Idle Validation Switch pins 4 and 6.
- Measure the voltage between the Idle Validation Switch pin 4 and ground.
- Disconnect the CPC #2 connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 2 of the CPC #2 connector and pin 6 of the Idle Validation Switch.
- Measure the voltage between the Idle Validation Switch pins 5 and 6.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|