SPN 641/FMI 3
This diagnosis is typically a short to power.
Short to Power Check
Check for short to power as follows:
- Disconnect the wastegate control actuator connector.
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between pin 3 of the wastegate control actuator connector and ground.
- Turn the ignition OFF.
- Disconnect the 120–pin MCM connector.
- Measure the resistance between pins 3 and 4 of the wastegate control actuator connector.
- If the resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair the short between pins 3 and 4 of the wastegate control actuator connector and pins 35 and 93 of the 120–pin MCM connector. Refer to "188.8.131.52 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance is greater than 5 Ω, replace the wastegate control actuator. Refer to "184.108.40.206 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|