SPN 973/FMI 9
This fault is typically the J1939 EBC1 message from the transmission is missing.
Missing EBC1 Transmission from ABS Check
Check as follows:
- Check for multiple codes:
- If CPC SPN 168/FMI 0/14/18 (Battery Voltage) are present, troubleshoot these first.
- If MCM SPN 625/FMI 9 is present, troubleshoot and repair the CAN line.
- If only SPN 973/FMI 9 fault is present, go to the next step.
- Has the CPC been recently reprogrammed?
- If yes, ensure the CPC Group PGR001 parameter “EBC1 Source Address SAE J1939” is configured properly: 33 = non multiplex switches, 49 = multiple switches.
- If no, connect ServiceLink to determine which modules are configured for the vehicle and their communication status. Once this is done, follow the appropriate module communication troubleshooting procedures for the affected module.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|