SPN 1073/FMI 3
This diagnosis is typically a short to power.
Short to Power Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the Brake Gate solenoid.
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between pin 1 of the Brake Gate harness connector and ground.
- Turn the ignition OFF.
- Disconnect the 120–pin MCM connector.
- Measure the resistance between pins 1 and 2 of the Brake Gate harness connector.
- If the resistance is greater than 5Ω, reconnect the 120–pin MCM connector and repeat steps 2 through 6 . If the results are the same, contact the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800).
- If the resistance is less than 5Ω, repair the short between pins 1 and 2 of the Brake Gate harness connector and pins 91 and 96 of the 120–pin MCM connector. Refer to "18.104.22.168 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|