SPN 1073/FMI 4
This diagnosis is typically a short to ground.
Check for Short to Ground
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the Brake Gate solenoid. See Figure
Figure 1. Brake Gate
- Disconnect the 120–pin MCM connector.
- Measure the resistance between pins 1 and 2 of the Brake Gate harness connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 1 of the Brake Gate harness connector and ground.
- If the resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair the short between pin 1 of the Brake Gate harness connector and ground. Refer to "220.127.116.11 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance is greater than 5 Ω, replace the Brake Gate.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|