SPN 1073/FMI 5
This diagnosis is typically the Brake Gate solenoid circuit failed open.
Open Circuit Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the Brake Gate solenoid.
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between pin 2 of the Brake Gate harness connector and ground.
- Measure the resistance across the Brake Gate.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|